Friday, April 20, 2007

Our Home and More Outdoor Decor

I love this large handmade wooden church. The roof is made from rusty metal and it is so charming. That large chicken feeder is a neat piece also. It's actually sitting there only because I haven't decided where to put it yet. Notice the peely white old section of picket fence behind the table? This serves as a neat little faux wall on the porch, wind break and a place to hang the large bulb white lights. I love the warm summer evenings when I go out there to read and I can turn on those lights. It creates a nice atmosphere.




We build this small side deck last year when we built an addition onto our laundry room. The laundry room is now 10 x 16. It actually serves as a sleeping area for our show Pugs. But I also have a deep sink and counter for grooming them and lots of cupboards. Anyway, I love this little deck! Hubby is the cook in the family and there's nothing better than dining on his wonderful cornish gamehens out on this little deck.




Finally, here is a picture of the front of our home. It was built in 1916. The room to the left is a large family room addition. Originally the house was only 2 bedrooms/1 bath. But with the addition it's now 3 bedrooms/2 baths and a 10 x 16 laundry room. The family room is huge and has a gas/wood fireplace and a large pool table. The addition was here when we bought the house. We added the addition onto the laundry room later. Then my studio room is out back off of the garage. I really love this home. I just wish winters weren't so brutal here. That would be the only drawback for me.

0 Comments: