Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Studio Part 1

Where the crows do most of their dancing.....



I just love having a studio to work in. Mine is a large room that was build off our our 3 car garage (to hubby's dismay it's now a 2 car garage) and it is appx 9.5 x 28 feet. I love how bright and airy it is! In the summer I have A/C and heat in the winter. I'd like to invite you to take a tour of my studio! So come on in...

I have to let you in on a secret first though. I got a lot of inspiration from a book I read called: Where Women Create



I bought this book and I swear after reading through it for only about 15 minute, I was so inspired that I started working on my studio. I love the idea of everything being organized and yet having my space be visually inspiring. Of course my creative space doesn't even come close to the others showcased in this book. It's simply awe inspiring! It is definitely a must have for anyone wanting inspiration in creating their own space to craft. The images and creativity of all these ladies studios is incredible. Needless to say, I highly recommend this book. You won't be dissapointed I promise!

Ok, on with the tour....



As you walk in on the left is my "office center". That's a fancy name I gave it though it just means it's just my desk, computer and office "stuff".

I love this desk though! I bought it from a antique place that was going out of business. So grabbed it for a steal. That desktop cubby you see, I cut the top so my flat screen monitor would be able to sit back into it. It worked out quite well.



Off to the right of the room you'll find my sewing table. Isn't that little Singer Featherweight just too cute! It's actually the only working sewing machine I have and I just love it! An old multiple cubby tote that has been painted a shabby white serves as a catch all for all my "smalls". It makes a nice little storage tote.

Next we have my painting table. Here I utilize a rotating painting rack for some of my paints as well as a old drawer turned sideways that I filled with paints, Modge Podge and other painting tools. The robin egg blue tote in the center also serves as storage.

To be continued...

4 Comments:

kelley said...

Your studio is a dream...love the serene colors...would be wonderful to work in there...

Kelle said...

Thank you Kelley. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it. It is very peaceful out there. I think the only thing I'm missing is running water and a restroom (:

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

I stopped in to visit you yesterday and this silly blogger.com site wouldn't take my message. It's been doing that to me since they moved over to the google format. Ugh!

But I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed touring through your art studio. Very pretty and just the perfect invironment for creating all sorts of goodies! Thanks so very much for sharing with us. :)

Monica said...

Hi Kelle, your sewing machine adventures have prompted me to buy a Featherweight too! I certainly wasn't disappointed by it, it works like a dream, thanks for putting me on to them. Love you sewing studio, it's gorgeous!