Monday, November 17, 2008

Hubby For Sale

For Sale: One 40 - something, 6' 3" male who can be described as well educated, tall, dark hair with most of it still there. He is a very good house hubby that will do laundry, dishes, fold clothes and make minor house repair.

While I have become attached to him and do love him, I have decided that I have to part with him due to a blatant act of deception. No it's not what you think! But just so you know what you are getting I'll share the latest experience with you.

He knows how much I hate going to the dentist and over the years he has proceeded to trick me in more minor ways such as getting me to go on drives with him only to find that our destination ends up being at the dentist office. I've fallen for this trick a number of times. Simply baited by his charm. Well NO MORE!

But that isn't the worse of it. Today I had an appointment at the dentist to get a new crown after having broke one of my back molars. A simple procedure or so I thought that consisted of them creating a mold of my tooth so the lab could make me a porcelain crown. Well, there was nothing simple about it and the husband is guilty of NOT telling me of all what was involved, including but not limited to; shots of novicaine, drilling, making a mold, more drilling, more shots of novicaine, etc....you get the point.

You know what's worse than the fact that he didn't tell me or at least warn me about this procedure? That the dentist office staff and the dentist himself all had a $50 bet going on if I'd actually come in today for the appointment! I could choke my husband and was silently cursing him the first time the dentist fired up that drill. Do you all know that sound? I swear it's worse than fingernails on a chaulkboard.

My husband says I'm just a big baby and maybe I am but only when it comes to dentists. In any case, that was the last straw and he is now available for sale cheap to any unsuspecting, Oops I mean interested parties. I was going to put him on Craigslist, but thought I'd try my blog first.

Any takers? Price is VERY negotiable.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

This is so adorable

Capri said...

Hehe! Guess everyone has things that weird them out, I just had a root canal, some fillings and a back moler pulled. No biggie really, except in the pocketbook of course.

Understandable why you'd be upset at your husband and especially the people at the dentist's office for betting whether or not you'd go. That would seriously tick me off as well.

I wrote a little section of a fictional story that deals with someone who was the target of a bet. A friend wrote the part about the actual bet, and I followed it up, letting one of my own characters voice her/my opinion on it. :)

Cheryl said...

Too Cute! Stop by when you have a chance I am having a Give Away

Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch Joy!