Saturday, July 28, 2007

Simple Truth, Yet Quite Profound

The other day I was watching this minister on video and he was talking about evolution and giving his reasons why the big bang and cosmic soup theories are simply not true. This post isn't about that...but one thing he said really stuck with me, and that was when he mentioned the meaning of the word Universe. He didn't give a lot of emphasis on the word and just said it in passing during his sermon. What he did say I thought was quite profound in a simple way if that makes sense. Sort of like one of those things that you don't think about until someone mentions it and you have a "Wow, I never looked at it like that" moment.

Uni - means one.
Verse means sentence of written or spoken language.

One sentence...Genesis 1:3 Then God said "Let there be light".

I've spent the last few days pondering this word and it's meaning. It's like it's so simple, yet so profound, but it makes total sense. Had I not heard him mention this, I would of never gave it another thought or even had a curious notion about it's meaning.

0 Comments: