Friday, July 27, 2007

Fun with Mixed Media

I had this undeniable urge to paint and create a mixed media piece so this is what I came up with. This was a quick one because I didn't have a lot of time today to play (:


Anyway, the background is painted, mixed, rubbed, and gesso'd. Then I adhered 1900's sheet music, vintage stamps, gesso'd some more and stamped it to get the patterned areas.

Then I painted the cats on top of that and added their crown elements. I painted this on canvas board that I cut down with a box cutter so I could size it to fit on the scanner bed. Once scanned I digitally added more contrast to make the colors richer.

This was FUN! I can't wait to do another. Now I see what all the whoopla is about when it comes to mixed media!


3 Comments:

Brenda said...

Keele, I love your blogspot. You seem like such a down-to-earth crafter and artist. I love the mixed media cats and would love to learn to do the digital stuff. What software did you use, if you can tell me, please. I'm looking to buy some, and maybe you could help.

Terri said...

Kelle I LOVE the mixed media cats. They are wonderful. Your sense of color is fantastic.

Kelle said...

Hi Brenda and Terri! Glad you liked the cats. I really had fun with those and it was so great to have a chance to paint because it's been quite awhile since I've been able to.

Brenda, I used Paint Shop Pro. I actually recently have Photoshop but have to learn how to use it. It's definitely different than my PSP, so I find myself going back to the software I'm familiar with. One of these days though I'm going to spend some time learning Photoshop as I've heard it can do so much more than PSP. So if you are starting fresh I say go for Photoshop (: