Thursday, July 12, 2007

Christmas in July Anyone?

I've always been a intrigued by the whole Christmas in July concept as I find myself shopping for pressies (presents) for family and friends during the summer. I may be at an Estate sale and find just the perfect pair of vintage earrings for my sister in law or maybe a clearance sale on toys at the local variety store where I'll pick up a toy or two for my 6 year old daughter. That's the easy part. The hard part is trying to hide them from her for 5 months!

Anyway, I decided I was going to do something I've always struggled with in designing...working ahead of seasons. In doing so, I've designed my first Holiday pattern. This is a first in a series I'm doing called "Bittykins". They are smaller designs that are fast and easy to create and most of them are versatile. In that, I mean that they can be created in more than one form.

For example, this is my Santa Place Holders and Ornaments pattern. These little guys can be made as table place holders which are free standing, as ornaments or even bowl fillers. Imagine the delight of your holiday guest to find these little guys holding their place at the dinner table. These can also be made up as ornaments for your tree. Each measures appx 5-6 inches tall and are SO easy and fun to make. I imagine these would also make great bowl fillers too! I created an extreme primitive version of him, but you can also make him up in a more traditionally primitive manner or even country cute and whimsical if you prefer.

Click on the image or more info button below for a larger view of him. I hope you like him!

Grungy Primitive Bittykins Santa Place Holders and Ornaments

Grungy Primitive Bittykins Santa Place Holders and Ornaments

Price: US$7.99

Click for details

0 Comments: