Monday, April 16, 2007

Miracle Money

The term "Miracle Money" is one I coined for any money I receive that I wasn't counting on, thus making it miracle money. I consider it a unexpected blessing from God.

So what does miracle money have to do with being an artist or crafting? Well, I'm sure many of you that are reading my blog may craft as a business. It could be that you are a single parent and crafting is your livelihood. Or maybe you sell your crafts in order to supplement your families income. Either way, this is where the topic of miracle money comes in. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but I speak from my heart and my faith is part of that. Plus I think this information can be beneficial to all crafters, regardless of their faith.

I know all of us have goals for ourselves. Either on a personal level or business level. We all want to see ourselves in a position of financial security for the future. The first step I believe in doing this is trusting in God. God never gives us more than we can handle and he wants to see us financially secure. That security lies within him.

"Consider the crows. They don't plant or harvest. They don't even have a storeroom or a barn. Yet, God feeds them. You are worth much more than birds." -- Luke 12:24

I've shared with you what my definition of miracle money is, now just what do I consider the form of miracle money to come in? For each of us this will be different. It could be a unexpected check in the mail, a gift from someone, a surprise savings you received on a product you bought at a store, etc. It can really vary.

Any miracle money we receive serves two purposes. The first is to give back to God in the form of tithes, sponsoring through programs like http://www.teenchallenge.com/ , and putting the remaining money into savings for the purpose of financing the children's future college expenses, retirement, etc.

My husband and I also started savings account at the beginning of 2007. We sort of made a game out of it and we decided who ever had the most in their savings account by the end of the year gets a dinner and a movie. But truly, the reward is that each of us (with Gods help) will be reaching our goals of saving for the future. Also that night out will be a blessing as we'll be able to spend precious time with one another.

There is a wonderful christian based program that I feel so blessed to have found out about and it's called Crown Financial. I listen to their radio program almost daily and they offer so much sound christian based advice on their program called money matters. They also have a "money map" that you can get that teaches you the steps of obtaining financial freedom from debts, such as mortgages, car payments, student loans, and more. I highly recommend the resources they offer.

As christian artist and crafters who are creating as a business, it's really important to have a good solid foundation for the financial side of it based on biblical principles as our guide.

1 Comment:

Rosemary said...

I recieved some miracle money last week. My daughter has joined the high school drill team and last week, we had to pay several hundred dollars for camp fees, leotards ect. I had no idea where I was going to get the money! Well, it turns out, I got an extra check at work, as well as an unexpected escrow refund, and a rebate refund! Its awesome how God provides!