Saturday, April 14, 2007

Have you ever tried Punch Needle?

I've recently tried my hand and creating some Punch Needle designs. This is one of my first designs I completed recently and I must say this is quite fun and easy to do. You really get into the rhythm of it and that punching sound with each little stitch is soothing some how. This one is called Old Glory Days and is available as a pattern.



If you've never tried Punch Needle you should give it a try! You'll be surprised just how easy it is. It's like creating miniature hooked rugs.

2 Comments:

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

OMG! I haven't seen any punch needle work in years. I used to do it in my teen years. And since I'm such a pack rat, I still have the needle and some threads tucked away that I haven't used in many a moon!

I know what you mean about it going fast and it's a relaxing craft to play with too.

Your creation is lovely!

Kelle said...

Thank you Cindy! Yes, it seems Punch Needle has made quite a come back. There is even a Yahoo group dedicated to it. Maybe you'll have to dust off that needle and give it a whirl again sometime (:

Kelle