Friday, March 19, 2010

My new obsession: Canned Ham

Ok, I know what some of you are thinking. No, I'm not talking about that kind of ham. I'm speaking of these little darlings...



*Photo courtesy of www.CannedHamTrailers.com

Is that cute or what!? I have to tell you I do love camping but I got over the whole tent camping concept years ago after borrowing my Mom's RV for a weekend. There was no going back to "roughing" it after that.

So what's a girl to do? The answer is easy! If you combine my love for vintage and camping you come up with one of these 1960-something Shasta canned ham trailers. I want one so bad!! They are hard to come by though in restored condition. Not to mention if you do find one, the price tags aren't anything to sneeze at. But I imagine myself and my little family heading out on the open road towing one of these compact little "homes" behind us.

During my obsession...err, I mean research I came across this neat blog that takes you through one family's journey of restoring a vintage Shasta trailer. They did a fantastic job and I would love to have one like it. Check out the interior photos. Yes, it's tiny. But the use of sleeping space is very good with the over head bunk bed. The way I see it is most of the time we would be enjoying the great outdoors anyway, but these are easy to store and you don't need a huge SUV to tow one. That's right up my alley! Now if I can just convince hubby that we truly need one of these. I'll keep you posted on my progress of wearing him down (:

Oh and before I forget, I also want to join Sisters On The Fly. You have to check out their website and be sure and look at the gallery to see hundreds of these cute little trailers.

1 Comment:

Ewe-N-Me said...

Ohh gosh, Kelle!! That is too darn cute!! Hope you can find what you're looking for. :-)