Saturday, February 7, 2009

A visitor of the furry kind

This fellow is sitting on some old fencing we have on the side of the garage today. My husband is slowing working on chopping it up and burning it in burn barrel. I'm not a huge fan of Possums. For the most part they are pretty docile as long as you don't go up and try and touch them. They do have some vicious teeth. We were within 2-3 feet of him and he was just sitting there checking us out.

Anyway, so I go outside to look for something out in the garage and my neighbor is out there feeding him Ritz crackers. You can see she stuck some in the fence for him. She's the sweetest lady, an animal lover and the best neighbor. I do wish she wouldn't feed him as he may decide to stay and our Pugs might think he's a new friend and playmate...these things can bite and bite bad.


.

3 Comments:

Ewe-N-Me said...

Interesting little character, isn't it?! LOL I'm never sure what to make of them, they're kinda cute, but in a creepy sot of way. ;-) Hope it doesn't make a habit out of visiting you.

Bonz said...

I really dislike possums- we used to have a family that would come up on our front porch. They are creepy looking!

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness no way she needs to refrain from feeding them. I am no way a fan of possums to me they are just like over size mice lol and I am terrified of them both.
Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY!