Monday, March 17, 2008

Tell me how you got your name?

If you have a blog or website with a neat name, share how you came up with it? Does it represent something?

I've been asked a number of times how or better yet why I decided on the name Two Dancing Crows. In fact you'll find my definition as the very first thing you read over on my website, http://www.twodancingcrows.com/ To sum it up here it is:

Definition of Two Dancing Crows: "One crow represents imagination and the other represents self. The fact that they are dancing is a representation of the gift God has given me to be creative. Without God my imagination would simply be still." --Kelle Arvay

I'm tagging the following people:

Moon Childs Primitives

Mustard Seed Originals

Huckleberry Arts created a little blog tag here below as a graphic (save to your computer to use) you can use. Then just tag someone that interest you and ask them how they got there name if you get tagged please pick another or as many as you like to give this little graphic to and share your story on how your business name came to be :)

4 Comments:

Moonchild said...

omgosh, I've been tagged. I'm behind. Off to my blogspot to take care of bidness!
Find my tag response there!

-Donna
Moonchilds Primitives
moonchildsprimitive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mercer's Daughter said...

I can't remember how I came across your blog but I'm sure it was the crows.
Crows are my totem animal.
I absolutely adore them.
Growing up we raised abandonded baby crows and they make wonderful pets. I even have one tatooted on my rear! Yikes!
Okay now to the question; my esty store is called Mercers Daughter because my grandmother's maiden name was Mercer. I felt her entire life she was never really honored, and this was something I wanted to do for her.
Thanks for the question!
It's a good conversation starter.
Victoria

Jan Thomason said...

your question:
how did i come up with the name "the Polka Dot Barn".
It came honestly when I took one of the barns on our ranch, painted it pale pink and painted large black polkadots around the windows and the doors, thus "the Polka Dot Barn".
True story:
i had been painting it all day and when my son came home from school and saw it his response was, "YOU'VE RUINED THE RANCH!!"
hahahaha, Jan