Friday, September 7, 2007

Cottage Comforts

Do you love the cottage style of decorating? Or enjoy collecting vintage-cottage type items? Maybe you love colors such as distressed whites, robin egg blues, mint greens or heavenly pinks? Or the romantic look that comes with this kind of style? Below is one of my favorite covers for the Creative Times Magazine. It reminds me of that soft cottage look, don't you think?



I personally love this look and am inspired by so many awesome pictures of homes that are decorated in this style. The cottage style just seems to have such a light and happy look to it. You can walk into a room that has chippy white furniture, complimented with vintage treasures and light colors and just feel like you have walked into a happy place. I'm currently working on transforming our bedroom into a romantic, cottage looking oasis. Just as soon as I can convince hubby to let me paint the dressers LOL!

Do you need some inspiration? I want to share some with you that I found online. First, is a fabulous kitchen make over that you can see on the Notes from a Cottage Industry blog. Go take a peek, you'll love it! What a difference!

Next, if you want to wet your palette (Warning: drooling is imminent when viewing this site), hop over and visit The Old Painted Cottage and see their cottage of the month.

Last but not least, if you want to join a great group of gals who also love the cottage look. Visit the Cottage Comforts message board where you can chat, find inspiration and make some great friends!

0 Comments: